CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

North Carolina

Jason and I really enjoyed our time in NC. It was relaxing!!! I don't think I have gotten that much sleep since my mom made me take Sunday afternoon naps. The first pic is the sunset from my dad's cabin. His cabin is on a golf course, so one night we (dad, Margie, Jason and yours truly!) went for a walk. It was perfect weather!
We went to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge one day. We made it to Cade's Cove as well. This is a pic of one of the many deer we saw. We also made a stop at BeeHive since one of dad's journalism grads is the manager there. A storm came, so we stayed inside and shopped. Crazy thing is, Jason bought something, and I came out empty handed!!! We ended up all going out to eat once the storm left. Fun times!
Anyone remember the movie Dirty Dancing? Well, some of it was filmed on Lake Lure. That is not far from my dad's cabin, so we made a day trip. Since I had been there many times, and we took the boat trip last time, we just stopped and shopped and made our way to a stream. It was beautiful!!
Last, but not least, we made taffy. As you can see from the book, I used to write when we would make it. In 1988, I wrote we made it, but it was no fun. Why? Because I had braces and couldn't eat any!! HA!! It was Jason's first taffy pull. At first he didn't care too much about it. But then he jumped in and had fun.
Daddy, thanks for a GREAT trip!!!! We love you and are SOOOO glad you're happy!!! God is good!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kim said...

AWWwww, North Carolina! what fun memories ... Lake Lure, streams, wet clothes, no pants! HA! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

HA!!! Ok, that had me laughing SO hard. My husband just looked at me and said...are you ok?! HA!!