CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Rainforest Day!!

My school has a few days out of the year called Enrichment Days. The kids change classes every 40 minutes and go to each classroom for their grade level. Friday's theme was the Rainforest. The topic in my classroom was the Forest Floor. I had 6 classes of 4th graders. These days wear me out, but it's a lot of fun! The first picture is the board outside my classroom. Don't be impressed with me, my wonderful room mom made it! :) I drew a picture of what I wanted, and she did the rest. She's so good!

The kids made a treat that resembled the layers of the Forest Floor. Dirt was chocolate sprinkles, dead leaves were crushed graham crackers, moss, fern, etc. (plants) were green colored Cool Whip, worms were gummi worms and the tree trunks were pretzel sticks.


These are 2 of my homeroom kids...Hannah and Ashley. Ashley's mom made the Forest Floor board.

These are some girls from my afternoon class. Aren't they precious? I am going to miss these kids next year!!! I am SO blessed!

In other news, Jason got a new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been praying about this for a while. God has taught us SO much, but I am so glad this trial has ended. He will be a saleman for Bobcat. He's going to be selling big equipment. He gets a base salary, company truck, and they pay for his gas. Whew!! That is GREAT news since his current truck takes deisel...AHHH!!! God is so faithful. We truly are blessed and have been reminded of this once again.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: